Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ready For Love

Ready for Love….standing here steady for Love, but love can’t seem to find me. When I think cupid’s arrow is pointing my way, it hits the person behind me. You see, I think Cupid is blind…ya, see? But, no more Toni Braxton’s “Another Sad Love Song”.....no more lonely nights or weekends and he’s always there when I need him. With a smile so bright, that every time he parts his lips to smile he can cause an eclipse. His kisses are sweeter than triple chocolate fudge with a cherry on top. I tell you, this man I got…...he never disrespects me, he just lets me….be me. I’d wash his feet like Jesus, because like Lazarus, he brought me back from the dead. I could never deny him or verbally crucify him, I just want to be by him.

In every sense of the word I need him. No need checking my DNA, I’d bleed him; Turn me into Stevie Wonder and I’d still see him; Cut off my oxygen and I’ll still breathe him. I just gotta be near him. Make me deaf and dumb and I’ll still hear him. In love I gave up and had no luck and just like Humpty Dumpty I fell off that great wall and I’m all broke up. When I mention his name I’ll get all choked up and tongue twisted. To him, I am addicted.

And, when we are in private quarters, I follow all his orders and like Coming to America’s Prince Akeem, he sho know how to make my Soul Glo. He’s my Russell Crowe, he's a Gladiator and he has a Beautiful Mind.

God must have heard my prayers when I sent them above. I’m so happy I was ready and prepared for love.

4 comments:

  1. I heard your your heart smile cousin this is everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, eyes watering! Love is awesome when it finds you :)

    ReplyDelete

Prayer

God doesn't answer prayers, but what He will do is present an opportunity to us that will allow our prayers to be answered. One of the ...